Оцифровка страниц I-VI:

The Human Atmosphere
or
The Aura Made Visible by the Aid of Chemical Screens
by
Walter J. Kilner

LONDON REBMAN LIMITED

PREFACE
THE perception of the Human Atmosphere or Aura, by the sole employment of material means, at once makes the phenomenon a physical question. From the first moment of seeing the human atmosphere, I determined to investigate the subject apart from all occultism; and, to remain unbiased, did not read any accounts of the Aura until a large number (over sixty) of patients had been inspected. As all the descriptions and references to the Aura that could be found were, without exception, in occult works, and afforded little assistance to physical investigation, I have decided to insert no quotations. This resolution places me in a peculiar position of having no authorities to fall back upon, which in some ways is an advantage, and a disadvantage in others.
The title of Human Atmosphere — a happy inspiration of a friend — is especially appropriate to the subject, because it conveys a clear idea to the general public, while the term "Aura," notwithstanding its definition — "any subtle, invisible emanation, effluvium, or exhalation from a substance, as aroma of flowers, etc." (Webster's Dictionary) — is confined to people possessing some knowledge of occultism. The word Aura has, however, been retained for shortness and convenience, as "Atmosphere" would be misleading when used alone, and when combined with "Human" is, to say the least, cumbersome.
After what has been said about the desire to be perfectly free from Occultism, it may seem strange that the expression Etheric Double has been employed. This name was borrowed from theosophic books, as no appropriate term has as yet been devised.

W. J. K.
218 LADBROKE GROVE, LONDON.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Preface

Chapter I
The Aura of Healthy Person - 1

Chapter II
The Etheric Double - 66

Chapter III
The Inner and Outer Auras - 77

Chapter IV
Complementary Colours - 114