Старый 23.07.2007, 16:06   #22
Кайвасату

Рег-ция: 09.03.2003
Записей в дневнике: 1
Благодарности: 1,107
Поблагодарили 1,129 раз(а) в 827 сообщениях
По умолчанию Ответ: Похищение Рериха

Цитата:
Once a person is inside this estate, the Russian dream of reburying Svyatoslav Rerikh in St. Petersburg seems to be impossible and illusory, even though this request is contained in the will of the deceased. Following her husband's death, Devika Rani said once: "The doctor (Svyatoslav. - ed. note) wanted him to be buried in his fatherland, if possible. If not, he wanted to be buried in Tataguni. He left the decision to me. If I cannot accompany his body to Russia due to the climate and my poor health, don't you think the doctor would wish to be buried in my absence?"
Do we need to disturb the remains of Devika Rani, who is resting close to him? If not, shall we have to separate the pair by sending their remains into remote Russia? How could we bring into the cold northern capital the fabulous thicket of Mexican bursera, surrounding the Rerikhs' house? What are we to do with the lake and the favorite bench of Rerikh and Devika Rani, where they used to sit and admire the elephants and other wildlife species coming to drink water?
Если верить источнику, то собственно вот фраза Девики Рани. Она говорит, что Рерих хотел быть похоронен на родине, но если это невозможно, то в Татагуни, а выбор оставил жене.